Influential Women in Canadian Agriculture
Do you know a woman who is leading the charge and making a difference to the future of agriculture in Canada?
Influential Women in Canadian Agriculture (IWCA) is a recognition program created to help identify and promote women across the diverse industry of agriculture. Whether actively farming, providing agronomy or animal health services to farm operations, or leading research, marketing or sales teams, we want to honour six women who are driving the future of Canadian agriculture.
Our goal is to spotlight these chosen influential women, and share their stories, achievements, challenges and wisdom with the industry through our agricultural brands: Top Crop Manager, Potatoes in Canada, Canadian Poultry, Manure Manager and Fruit & Vegetable.
To be considered for the IWCA program, nominees must have a prominent role in Canadian agriculture, including, but not limited to:
- a farm owner, operator or manager,
- a researcher, industry expert or professor,
- an active student in post-secondary agriculture studies, or
- a livestock veterinarian, technician or similar role.
Influential Women in Canadian Agriculture…
- play a lead role in at least one aspect of the farm, in an agricultural business, or in the research lab/partner farm,
- hold influential positions within an agri-business, showing leadership among the team and within the industry,
- are involved in agricultural ventures off the farm, or outside of their day job through mentorships, volunteer work and board memberships, and/or
- are actively involved in and advocates of Canadian agriculture
Each nominee must:
- be 18 years of age or older, and
- be a Canadian citizen or a resident of Canada.
Nominations close March 27, 2020
Nominations for the Influential Women in Canadian Agriculture program are now closed.
Stay tuned to hear about the winners!
Stefanie Croley, Editorial Director, Agriculture
888-599-2228 ext. 277
Brett Ruffell, Editor, Canadian Poultry
For sponsorship opportunities, please reach out to:
Michelle Allison, Publisher
Top Crop Manager, Potatoes in Canada
Catherine McDonald, Associate Publisher
Sharon Kauk, National Account Manager
888-599-2228 ext. 242
Quinton Moorehead, National Account Manager
Top Crop Manager / Potatoes in Canada
Diane Kleer, VP Production/Group Publisher
Influential Women in Canadian Agriculture is dedicated to honouring women who are driving the future of Canadian agriculture. The program will recognize women who are actively farming, providing agronomy or animal health services, or leading research, marketing or sales teams.